For anyone using Windows 7, finding the correct printer driver download is an automated process that requires little work for the user. Here are instructions for installing a printer on different computers on a home network.
Using Windows 7 Automatic Printer Setup
One of my favorite features in Windows 7 is the automatic printer setup. In our house, all computers are networked together and we share a printer. We were dreading rebuilding all printer ports, but Windows 7 made it easy.
• The first step is to turn on the printer and connect it to a computer. Windows 7 automatically adds it to the first computer. Follow the next steps to add it to other computers on the network.
• Next, click on “Start” and open the “Devices and Printers”. Give it a minute, because it will search everything to find all your devices and installed printers. It will pull up a few things, but you can ignore them.
• At the top, you will see “Add a device” and “Add a printer”. Click “Add Printer” to open a new window. It will take a minute.
• Click on the second option “Add a network, wireless or bluetooth printer” and click on “Next”. Give him a minute while searching for printers on the network.
• Select the printer and click Next. The printer will be called EPSON Stylus NX4000 on Joe PC
• Follow the instructions on the screen to install all drivers for the printer.
Use the printer CD for network printers
Sometimes Windows does not find the driver. In this case, you need the printer CD. While the printer CD does not work on older versions of Windows, it works on Windows 7 for network printers.
You should be able to put the CD in the CD drive and start it automatically. If not, then click My Computer and double-click the CD drive. At this point, you should see the file name autorun.exe or setup.exe. Click one of them and the CD will automatically install the printer.
Update the printer driver
You may occasionally need to update your printer drivers. The only easy way to do this is the driver update software. Otherwise you will have to manually find, download and install the new drivers.
The manual installation starts with the website of the printer manufacturer. Search the site for a page titled “Support” or “Downloads.” Once you have found the page, you will need to search for your exact printer model.
Then you need to download the latest drivers to your desktop. When the download is complete, go to Device Manager and locate the printer drivers. Right-click on the printer and select “Update Driver”. Then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Driver update software is a lot easier. It finds the printer driver for you and automatically installs it in less than two minutes.
More information about printer driver, visit http://printerdriversinstaller.com/